> RSS Latest News and Announcements
Kilkenny Borough Council
Planning & Development Acts (2000-2010)
Planning & Development Regulations (2001-2011)
Notice of Proposed Development by Local Authority
In accordance with Part 8. Article 81 of the above Regulations Kilkenny Borough Council proposes to erect:
A pedestrian Bridge spanning the River Nore from John's Quay to Bateman's Quay, Kilkenny
The works shall consist of
- Erection of the Bridge Structure
- Construction of approach pathways and wing-walls.
- Provision of steps and ramps on the John's Quay approach
- Railings, handrails and lighting
- Alteration to existing underground services
- Minor realignment of the public roadway at John's Quay.
The proposed development is located in the City Centre, John Street and Michael Street Architectural Conservation Areas, and the site is within a Zone of Archaeological Potential as set out in the Kilkenny City and Environs Development Plan 2008-2014. The River Nore is designated as a Special Area of Conservation (SAC), a Special Protection Area (SPA) and a Naura 2000 site, in accordance with the EU Habitats Directive.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development together with and Environmental Impact Report and a Naura 2000 Screening Statement are available for inspection at:
- Offices of Kilkenny Borough Council, City Hall, High Street, Kilkenny,
- Offices of Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John St. Kilkenny
- The Carnegie Library, John Quay Kilkenny County Council
From Friday October 26th, 2012, to Thursday the 20th December 2012, (inclusive) between the hours of 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. to 5.00 p. M., Monday to Friday.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be carried out, may be made in writing to the undersigned on or before 3.00pm on Friday 25th January 2013.
Brian Tyrrell, Town Clerk, City Hall, High Street, Kilkenny
To assist in the planning process a public information evening will be held in the Arts Office (formerly Meubles), Kilkenny Council, 76, John St. On Thursday, November 8th, from 6.00pm to 8:30pm
Technical personnel from the design team will be in attendance.