Kilkenny County Council Variation No.1 to Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2014-2020
In accordance with Section 13(3) of the Planning & Development Acts 2000-2014, notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council is proposing a Variation to the Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2014-2020.
Further to Objective 3C of the Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2014-2020 ('To prepare a masterplan and urban design framework for the Smithwick's site and Bateman Quay during the lifetime of the Development Plan'), Kilkenny County Council is now proposing to make a Variation to the same Development Plan to include 9 no. new development objectives for the masterplan area.
The reasons for the proposed Variation are:
- To ensure a statutory basis for high level principles which are required to underpin the future development of the former Smithwick's Brewery site, Bateman Quay/Market Yard and surrounding area which will consolidate the city centre and contribute towards its' vitality and viability.
- To maximise the benefit accruing from current funding and resource opportunities.
A copy of the Proposed Variation, including a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report, may be inspected at the following locations for a 4 week period between Tuesday the 23rd June and Tuesday the 21st July 2015:
- Online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/
- The Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, John Street, Kilkenny during office opening hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Carnegie Library, John's Quay, Kilkenny during opening hours of: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 8pm, Thursdays and Fridays 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm, and Saturdays 10am to 1:30pm.
An informal public information evening will be held in The Maltings, Tilbury Place, Kilkenny on Thursday the 25th of June 2015 from 4pm-7pm where all the documentation will be on public display and Council staff will be present to answer any queries.
Written submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Variation, SEA Environmental Report and AA Screening Report made to the Planning Authority within this period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Variation. All submissions must be clearly marked 'Variation'.
Submissions must be made online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie , or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Sean McKeown, Director of Services, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, John Street, Kilkenny. Submissions must be received by the Planning Authority by 5pm on Tuesday the 21st July 2015.
Director of Services, Planning Department
19th June 2015