In accordance with Section 179 of the Planning and Development Act 2000-2018 and Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2018, Kilkenny County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to undertake the N24 Tower Road Junction Improvement Scheme in townslands of Garrynarea, Belline & Rogerstown, Banagher, Piltown and Tibberaghny.
The proposed development will consist of :
- Upgrade of existing Tower road junction (which contains a structure included in the Record of Protected Structure Memorial Tower reference C211) to a compact grade separated junction including an overbridge spanning the N24 national road
- Removal of existing Tower Road roundabout and replacement with a new roundabout to the north west of Piltown Tower
- New 750m link road connecting the Ink Bottle Junction to the Tower Road junction with closure of the Ink Bottle Junction access to the N24 for all vehicles except cyclists (which contains in proximate a structure included in the Record of Protected Structure Reference at Gate Lodge (The Turret or Ink Bottle) reference C1060)
- Widening of the current 2+1 N24 carriageway to a 2+2 carriageway for 1.8km
- Provision of cyclist and pedestrian facilities
- Public lighting improvements
- The installation of road markings and signage
- Surface water drainage system
- Hard and soft landscaping
In accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) and Section 50(1) of the Roads Act 1993 (as amended), the local authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
As per Article 120(3) where any person considers that the development proposed to be carried out would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have a significant effect on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available to view on the consult website: https://consult.kilkenny.ie/en and for inspection or purchase for a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours from Friday 8th February 2019 to until Friday 8th March 2019 inclusive, at the following Kilkenny County Offices:
|Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny City||From 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays)|
|Ferrybank Area Office Library, Kilkenny County Council, Ferrybank Shopping Centre, Ferrybank, Co. Kilkenny||Tues/Thurs/Friday 10am to 1:30pm & 2:30pm to 5:10pm; Wed 10:30am to 1:30pm, & 2:30pm to 7pm; Sat 9:30am to 1:30pm. (Except Public Holidays)|
|Ferrybank Area Office, Kilkenny County Council, Ferrybank Shopping Centre, Ferrybank, Co. Kilkenny||From 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays)|
Kilkenny Carnegie Library, Kilkenny County Council, John's Quay, Kilkenny City
Tues 10am to 8pm, Wednesday 10am to 5pm, Thursday 10am to 5pm, Friday 10am to 5pm, Saturday 10am to 1:30pm. (Except Public Holidays)
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and development of the area in which the development will be carried out may be made:
- online on the consult websitehttps://consult.kilkenny.ie/en or
- via email to n24towerrdPart8@kilkennycoco.ie or
- in writing to the Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny.
The latest date for receipt of comments on the above scheme is Friday 22nd March 2019.
Submissions should be clearly marked N24 Tower Road Junction Improvement Scheme.
Director of Services.