Community & Cultural Facilities Capital Scheme 2019

Kilkenny County Council
Community and Cultural Facilities Capital Scheme (CCFCS) 2019 is now open for applications

The overall objective of this scheme is to respond to the need for better community, recreational and cultural facilities for community groups through the provision of a capital grant.

Who can apply for the Community and Cultural Facilities Capital Scheme?
The scheme is open to groups operating within the Community Sector who have a recognised legal structure, operate on a 'not for profit' basis, demonstrate a policy of inclusion and demonstrate the capacity to manage and operate the proposed facilities.
Examples of projects eligible for support could include the development of open spaces, walks and parklands; play areas, broad based recreational facilities, community arts projects and projects that conserve the built and natural heritage of the county.

Level of grant aid available
Funding is at a rate of 75% of the total eligible project costs up to a maximum of €45,000. The grant beneficiary will have to provide the remaining 25% match funding. The minimum grant size available is €9000. That means that the total eligible project costs must be at least €12,000.

How to apply?
Terms, Conditions & Guidelines are available for download CCFCS Terms, Conditions and Guidelines 2019.pdf (size 262.3 KB) or by contacting:

Cora Nolan
Community Department
Kilkenny County Council
Johns Green
Tel: 056-7794931


Application Forms will only be issued once the interested group has met with the relevant member of the Community & Culture Team
The closing date for receipt of valid applications is Friday 3rd of May @ 4.00pm.

Late applications will not be accepted. Only fully completed applications that have all the necessary supporting documentation enclosed will be considered for grant aid.

Related Links:

Emergency Outside Office Hours

If you require the service of the Local Authority for an emergency outside of normal business hours please note the following:

Persons requiring the Fire Service for an emergency should Dial 112 and no other number

For all water related queries 1850 278 278 (Irish Water)

For any other emergency the public are advised to ring 1890 252654

Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny R95 A39T
Tel: +353 (0) 56 7794000 | Fax: +353 (0) 56 7794004
Email: | Emergency outside office hours: 1890 252 654
Water Queries : 1850 278 278 ( Irish Water )
Privacy | Disclaimer