- A Carer's Parking Permit is issued only to eligible residents in the disc parking area as contained in Kilkenny Borough Council, Parking Control Bye-Laws 2012, who require ongoing daily care for a medical illness.
- The permit may be used only by the person who visits, calls on or makes a stay with the resident for the purpose of ongoing daily care for a medical illness.
- The Carer's Permit entitles the Carer to park free of charge and without a time limit in the disc parking area indicated on the permit.
- Possession of a Carer's Permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space at any time on the street indicated on the permit.
- The responsibility for the renewal of a Carer's Permit rests solely with the permit holder.
- A maximum of one permit per house is permitted.
What do I need for a Carer's Permit?
- Completed Application Form
- Two recent domestic Utility Bills in your name for the address for which the permit is being sought, (i.e electricity, gas, landline telephone)or Financial Documents (credit card, bank account, credit union statements).
- Fee €20 (administration costs).
- Written confirmation from your Doctor stating that you require daily care of a medical illness.
Download Application Form
Updated September 2020