Privacy Statement June 2023-December 2025
Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
Local Community Development Committee
Local Community Development Committees were established in each County under the Local Government Reform Act 2014, and have been given a statutory remit in developing and co-ordinating the delivery of local and community development programmes in their respective areas.
Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is a public-private partnership and comprises 19 members drawn from 4 main sectors, namely:
- State agencies (such as the Education & Training Board, the Dept of Social Protection and Teagasc)
- The Local Authority (including local Councillors),
- Economic and Social partners (such as the IFA, Chamber of Commerce, the Family Resource Centres and Kilkenny LEADER Partnership), and
- The local community and voluntary sector.
The main aim of the LCDC is to improve the delivery of local development and community programmes. The LCDC aims to do this through:
- Better strategic planning, and the Committee is currently preparing a Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) to identify local development priorities for the County over the next 6 years; and
- Better oversight of local development programmes