Domestic Lead Remediation Grant Scheme
There is a Government grant available that provides 100% of costs up to €5,000 to replace drinking water lead pipes within the boundaries of your property
- Customer Leaflet-Lead-Irish Version.pdf (size 1.3 MB)
- Customer Leaflet Lead English Version.pdf (size 1.3 MB)
Is your health at risk due to the presence of lead pipes in your home?
- Lead is a proven health risk
- It is a metal that was used for pipework and plumbing in some houses built up to, and including, the 1970s
- If you live in an older house, it is important to check if you have lead piping in your home
- The World Health Organisation and HSE advise that there is no safe level of lead in drinking water
- The most eﬀective way to reduce your exposure to lead in drinking water is to replace lead piping
How much financial assistance can I get?
- 100% of the approved cost of the works is available, subject to a maximum of €5,000
- It is not means tested
- The grant is available if you receive your water from either a public or private water supplier
How do I claim?
- The grant is administered by local authorities
- Contact the local authority for your area to obtain a DLRG 1a claim form
- For details of local authorities, click here
Are you an Uisce Éireann (Irish Water) customer?
- If you are a customer of Uisce Éireann (Irish Water) you may also be eligible for their Customer Opt-In Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme
- This scheme aims to replace lead pipes on the public side of your property
- Further information, on the Uisce Éireann (Irish Water) scheme