The Water Safety Development Officer of Kilkenny County Council works towards awareness and promotion of water safety throughout the county. The duties performed by the Water Safety Development Officer include
- Liaising with Water Safety Area Committee in Kilkenny (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Water Safety, Ireland on behalf of the Local Authority, and attending meetings for that purpose;
- Arranging preparation of water safety budget and securing local authority contrubition to Water Safety, Ireland
- Purchasing of water safety equipment for lifeguards, instructors and examiners;
- Employment of lifeguards at swimming areas during the summer season;
- Arranging for the erection of ringbuoys and safety equipment in bathing areas, and at strategic points along rivers and lakes, and carrying out spot checks with a view to replacement, as necessary;
- Dealing with media on various aspects of water safety, i.e. promotion of water safety, swimming instruction and awareness of dangers.
The Water Safety Development Officer may be contacted at 056 7794470 or by email at email@example.com
Statistics for 2018 for Bathing Area Supervised by Lifeguards in Co. Kilkenny:
|First Aid Procedures||115|
Water Safety is important all year round, Keep safe in the water
Check out www.safetyzone.ie, www.facebook.com/IWSie/videos,www.ringbuoys.ie; www.aquaattack.ie; www.iwsmembership.ie;
Irish Water Safety (www.iws.ie) is based at The Long Walk, Galway; Phone 091 564 400; LoCall 1890 420 202; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.